The most popular and advanced dynamometer in the world is now available at HECTORPT SPORTS! The NEW Biodex System 4 used by HECTORPT offers pioneering breakthroughs in neuromuscular testing and rehabilitation technology.
HECTORPT joins other distinguished clinics, research facilities, universities and elite professional sports team around the world, which use Biodex Technology to bring them to the forefront of innovation, effectiveness, efficiency and reliability
- Orthopedic medicine
- Sports medicine
- Sports enhancement/injury prevention
- Older adult medicine
- Industrial medicine
- Wellness/injury prevention
- Medical fitness
- Pediatric medicine
WHO BENEFITS FROM USING THIS TECHNOLOGY?
ACTIVE ADULTS AND ATHLETES:
Whether you're a competitive athlete or a 'weekend warrior', playing sports puts you at risk for an injury, it also motivates you to be more competitive.
The system 4 is not only utilized for rehabilitation but it also has other capabilities such as pre-season screening, injury prevention and athletic performance enhancement.
These preventative methods can be beneficial to anyone who is starting to train for a specific sport, race, or activity in the pre-season. Furthermore, it is great for helping an athlete maintain his/her strength and power during the season.
A Biodex assessment includes graphs and charts with findings that indicate the athlete's strengths and weaknesses. These finding are used to enhance pre-season conditioning, better preparing an athlete for competition. See Figure 1
The Biodex Multi-Joint System has been used to test and treat children worldwide.
Pediatric attachments and age-based normative data are available.
Strength is a critical factor for a rapid response to a balance disturbance. The System 4 helps identify changes in muscle strength/function, joint range of motion and pain threshold.
The BIODEX FALL RISK ASSESSMENT AND CONDITIONING Program has been employed by leading clinics for over 10 years. This same program, now available at HECTORPT, is the only fall prevention program that incorporates a complete array of objective tests.
The System 4 can perform: Pre-placement testing, functional capacity evaluation and work hardening. This is advantageous for people dealing with Worker's compensation and no-fault injuries.
HIGHLIGHTS AND ADVANTAGES
- Redesigned seat accommodates athletes, senior, pediatric and adult applications.
- On screen visual and audio feedback for patient training. This helps motivate patients by providing on-screen charts and graphics that track performance and encourage compliance with the rehabilitation plan.
- Isokinectic Resistance Mode - Unique impact-free acceleration and deceleration eliminates join trauma, allowing patients to be exercise and be tested at more functional speeds.
- Reactive eccentric mode. The System 4 responds only to the patient's force output. This produces a pre-load, which helps stabilize and protect the joint.
- Passive Motion Mode - Includes specific protocols for active and passive joint repositioning. The unit has included attachments for shoulder, wrist, forearm, knee, hip and ankle joint.
- Torque limit capability allows patients to work safely while helping them develop strength, decrease joint effusion and increase range of motion.
- Isometric Mode - Develops strength and decrease joint effusion while avoiding painful points in the range of motion.
- Isokinetic mode - Allows for safe exercise at speeds which approximate function.
- Isotonic mode - Allows for muscle to contract exactly as they would perform during functional activities. This is ideal for work stimulation activities.
- Rehabilitation progress reports - This on-screen chart and printable report tracks pain, range of motion and strength throughout the rehabilitation or training protocol. These reports are stored for easy reference, comparisons and communication with referring physicians and third party payers.
- Communicates need, progress and outcome clearly and accurately - Graphic reports and narrative letters helps communicate information in simple terms to patients, referring physicians, coaches and third-party payers.
Call HECTORPT SPORTS for details regarding the System 4 application(s).
YOU DON'T HAVE TO BE A PRO TO BE TREATED LIKE ONE!